Thursday, December 15, 2011

Patches of Pink Design Team Post and link up party


Hi Everyone!

Well guess what time it is.....It's time for Patches of Pink Design Team Post and link up party.  This month the designers were asked to create something with a Christmas theme.
Today I have an ornament to share with you. I created this little snowman using my Gypsy and the Cricut cartridge Doodlecharms. I cut two snowmen at 5.5" and stamped the outside with the most adorable Peachy Keen Face stamp PK-485. Next I stitched the two together leaving the bottom open and stuffed him with some cotton. I glued on his hat and glued in the ornament string between the hat and snowman and then added a scarf. The scarf was actually cut from my son's flannel shirt that he grew out of :) I used some buttons and added some stickles to them.  Just a tip if you want to make one of these , stitch in the ornament string when stitching the two pieces together. I think it would look better, mine looks a tad bulky at bottom of the hat.  


Side view, so you can see how puffy he is:)
Please stop by and look at all of the fabulous design team projects and then link up your Christmas creation to share your project with us.
Photobucket

14 comments:

Amy said...

This is soooo cute! I love your puffy little snowman ornament! :)Amy

Karen said...

what a great ornament I love snowmen! You did such a wonderful job on the sewing looks perfect!

Sherrie K. said...

This is just ADORABLE Shelly! I love this cute snowman ornament:) The sewing and the puffy tummy is just an awesome touch to your AMAZING ornament! Great job as always my friend!!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

liz at liz's paper loft said...

he is sooo cute! I love that he's puffy too!

Cindy :) said...

he's awesome, totally love his scarf and that you stuffed him, cute gl :)

Norma said...

OMG!! Shelly that snowman is just so CUTEEEE:) Have a wonderful Christmas and I hope Santa brings lots of goodies:)
Hugs,
Norma

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Shelly,OMG your snowman ornament is soooo STINKIN' CUTE!AWESOME job with it,I LOVE the cute PK face and little scarf.SUPER job girl!Have a great day!!:)

Unknown said...

Super cute Shelly!,
Just wanted to stop by and say hi! and wish you and your family a merry christmas..

Enfys said...

Hi Shelly, just popped over to wish you and yours a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. I LOVE your little snowman!
hugs
Enfys

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

I saw your snowman on Patches of Pink. He is a cute one. I like you technique of using two of the same cut to give dimension. Nice to "Link Up" with you.

Karen said...

Oh my, how adorable is this?! I'm so happy to be back to Blogger so I can catch up with my talented friends. Shelly, this is beyond precious. Even the hat is amazing, with those perfect accents. I love the sparkly buttons on the snowman and love that you used a flannel shirt for his scarf! He is one happy snowy sweetheart, isn't he? Amazing job as always, my friend. The tree looks gorgeous, too! (And thank you for all of your support!)

Hugs and blessings!
http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

This is so stinkin adorable, Shelly!! His sweet face makes me smile!! I love how you sewed two together and stuffed him with cotton - so creative and awesome!! And the flannel scarf is the perfect touch!! He is just precious!!

I hope you and your family have a very safe, happy, festive holiday season filled with much love and happiness!! I truly value your friendship, Shelly - I am so thankful we met in blogland :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

June Houck said...

Oooo, a puffy snowman....perfect and sweet :)

Totally Twisted Cards said...

Cute snowman ornament! Don't you just love PK stamps. Happy Holidays and good luck on the PK challenge.

Stacy at Totally Twisted Cards
http://www.totallytwistedcards.com/content